Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Phoenix: Wrap up

As much as I was dreading my early flight this morning, it turns out it was for the best, as the winter weather was coming down very hard on New York - and all the flights scheduled after mine were canceled and postponed for 2-3 days. I was on the flight back with some friends, so we ended up splitting a cab to get home more quickly and beat the weather. Mission accomplished - as I sit here writing this, the blizzard is just now beginning.

Overall, I got a wonderful impression of Phoenix, and although I can't imagine a situation that would take me back there, I thought it was a beautiful, clean city full of outdoor/nature activities to enjoy the gorgeous weather in - even in the dead of winter. If I ever do go back, I will definitely not miss the Grand Canyon, though!

My trip:


Our theme song for the weekend after chasing a non-carnivorous jack rabbit down the street in front of the hotel and several relatively peaceful cacti encounters: "Better watch out for those man-eating jack rabbits ... and that killer cacti..." - Hey Dude, TV Theme Song

Miles Traveled Today: 2,414
Total Miles Traveled: 13,721

No comments:

Post a Comment